Thanks for your interest in volunteering with the Community Bike Project Omaha!
Volunteers are the heart and soul of the Bike Project! Here are some volunteer positions we’re always looking to fill during Open Shop and Earn-a-Bike programs:
- Volunteer Coordinator – Volunteer coordinators coordinate and effectively communicate to other volunteers work that needs to be completed during Open Shop.
- Traffic Flow Manager – The Traffic Flow Manager manages the flow of people in and out of the Shop, ensuring that people who arrive at the shop are greeted warmly and providing an explanation to each guest regarding wait times for repairs with a volunteer mechanic.
- Volunteer Mechanic – Volunteer Mechanics are the mentors and teachers to the guests coming to the Shop to learn to maintain their bicycles.
- Key Holders – The Key Holders are the primary leadership group that make decisions regarding the day-to-day operations of the shop. They are also core volunteers that design and implement programming and events.
Volunteer Application >> Ready to volunteer?
Complete our online application and we will contact you to schedule a volunteer orientation. You can also stop by the shop during Open Shop hours to fill out the application and talk more about volunteer needs and opportunities.
Want more information on volunteer opportunities? Contact Charles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Community Bike Project helps out at lots of community events, both in Gifford Park and throughout our larger Omaha community. Volunteering at these events is another great way to help us out and get involved in our community. Check out our list of events on our calendar page and contact us if you want to help out!
More Volunteer Opportunities
You don’t have to be an expert bike mechanic to help out. . .but we would love to see you if you are! Here is a short list of the types of other things our volunteers can do:
- One-on-one mentoring
- Parts retrieval / parting out bikes
- Building bicycles for sale
- Building improvements
- Event & community outreach support
- Computer/technical assistance